Bramble Birth Doula Services are provided with personal and respectful emotional and physical support for the birthing woman and family. Whether you've worked with a Doula before, want to for the first time, or just want to learn more about it, everyone is welcomed and encouraged to inquire. I find great joy in this work and I thank you for considering the assistance of a doula in the birthing experience.
What is a Birth Doula? What does she do?
- She respects birth as a transformative experience the mother will remember her entire life
- She understands the physiology of birth and the emotional needs of a woman before, during, and after labor and birth
- She assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her birth plan and wishes
- She stays with the woman throughout the labor and birth
- She provides emotional support, physical comfort measures and an objective viewpoint
- She helps the woman and partner get the information needed to make informed decisions for whats best for her body and baby
- She facilitates effective communication between the laboring woman, her partner and her care providers
- She nurtures and protects the woman's memory of the birth experience
- She supports and encourages the woman's partner to participate at his/her comfort level
BIRTH DOULA SERVICES and FEES
*Services provided throughout the Greater Seattle area
*Attend hospital, birth center and home births
*5 years experience, soon to have DONA and PALS certifications
*Many referrals available
*$200-800 Sliding scale
*Free Interview Meeting to decide if we will be a good fit
*Two Pre-natal visits to become comfortable with each other and your birth plan
*One Pre-natal organic facial to initiate touch and work on relaxation
*Support throughout your labor and birth, plus one to three hours after birth to assist with initial breastfeeding and getting the new family comfortable.
*Two Post-partum visits
*Photos of birth or baby if desired
*Trained in Placenta Encapsulation
Serving as a birth doula is an incredible honor as well as witnessing a child's first breaths of life.
The female body has been going through the transformation of birth for thousands
and thousands of years.
My doula services support whole and healthy families.
Feeling cared for during your birth - whether it goes as planned or not - will likely help you remember your birth experience with happiness and appreciation for yourself and others,